Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oil rubbed bronze fun!

We've lived in this house for over three years. And the doors, door frames, and base boards have needed to be painted since then. I was holding out hope that our home is really a magical house, and that I would wake up on morning and it just all be done. No such luck. And then I swore that it wouldn't be done until I paid someone else to do it. Then I thought about it: that's $2,000 that I can spend on our new TV and entertainment center/table thingy.

And, no, I couldn't wait until the kids went back to school after Christmas holidays, oh NO, that would be too easy. So I'm attempting to paint with three wild kids running around.

And I'm trying to get all crafty (aka, dangerous). I, um, decided to spray paint the knobs on the wash closet door and the knob to the bathroom door and see how it goes and holds up. Yeh. I'm pretty sure that my husband is going to kill me. He knows I'm painting the doors and all, but not the part about the knobs. But, dude! Have you priced door knobs lately?! It's nuts! The ones in here are those horrible gold -cringe- ones. I'm spraying painting them with Oil Rubbed Bronze. Worse case, I have extra knobs for the wash closet door (because I can't count and when I bought them I thought I bought just enough for the kitchen cabinets and that closet. Um. No. I bought about 10 extra.), and I can just go buy the bronze knobs for the doors (from eBay, I've decided).

If I can find my camera, I'll take pictures. Or I'll just take some with the iPhone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved