Monday, September 3, 2012

Front porch project

We've been working on the exterior of the house, first was the roof, and next is the siding, which is going to happen in the next few weeks. And the exterior still has a lot of work to be done. We're keeping the original old windows, but fools over the years would get paint on the windows and just leave it. I'm sure that they thought they had a good reason, like, lets slap this paint on all ugly, but we'll come back and fix it later.....

And that day just never came, for those poor, old girls. (The Windows. They're girls)

And I believe that more people put some more messy paint on our old girls, and something must be done about this madness. 

The madness! It will end here!!

When we redo the siding, there's going to be a guy taking care the Old Girls (the windows). He's gonna give her a nice sand bath, get all the old off, fill her in where she needs it, and then... it will be painted correctly.

Somewhere in all of this mess, I decided that it would be a great idea, to strip the front porch. It was this color blue that I'm really getting sick of seeing on porches. And I was envisioning a wonderfully, beautiful, darker stained front porch.So the stripping and scrapping has started. And it's been the slowest, longest, on going project ever.





And this is as far as I've gotten. I feel like such a failure. This is what it looked like as of this morning before I worked on it a little more. 


So, let's start taking bets, of how long my little project is gonna take me.
I'm gonna say... FOREVER

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved