Friday, May 6, 2011

Couch hunt starts...

It seems like everyone in blogland is on the hunt for the perfect couch. And everyone is trying to decide between the same two brands: IKEA and Pottery Barn.

Well, guess what? Me too. 

Our couches are old, and smell funny, and are starting to fall apart. I've decided that it's time to invest in new ones.

But, I don't want to invest too much. I do still have small children in the house, and it's going to get pee-ed on. It's just part of life around here. My kids pee on things. (And then the dog smells the pee and thinks hey! I need to pee here too! This is why the dog has been evicted from the house. Too bad I can't evict the children too. Then I wouldn't need new couches, because they wouldn't have been pee-ed on a million times. Anywho.)

And I'm loving the idea of slip covers, so that I can wash them. The only thing holding me back, is even though they're custom fit slip covers, they still slip and wrinkle. So they don't always look perfect. I'm not sure if that's going to bother me or not.

Still a lot of thinking to do.

Thrifty Decor Chick and The House of Smiths both recently went through these hard choices too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved