Monday, October 4, 2010

Asthma?

Today I woke up in the best mood, which hasn't been the case lately. I'm usually grouchy, and moody, and sleepy all day. Today has been great so far, except it is now lunch time, and I have no idea what we're going to eat. Oh well. I've cleaned, and swept, and mopped, and folded the gazillion loads of laundry that has been sitting around in clothes baskets for a while now. Hey, they were clean, what more do you want from me?! I wish I knew why I woke up in such a good mood, so it would happen every day.

Jonah went to the doctor three times last week, with his asthma. The first visit, was because he kinda had a little cough, and he kinda had a little runny nose, and I really wanted the referral for him to get more speech therapy. That was Monday.

Monday night, he started having asthma attacks, which he hasn't had any in over 9 months. I was excited, he turned five and hadn't had any asthma attacks in so long, so I thought he had out grown it.

Negative.

Two breathing treatments Monday night, and he woke up acting fine Tuesday morning, so I sent him to school. They called me around 10, saying that he was complaining of his stomach hurting, so I went and picked him up. He was fine, we cooked while we waited for his daddy to come home, watched some tv, had a good day. Until about 3:45.

He started having an attack, completely freaking out, I was trying to give him a breathing treatment, and his eyes started rolling in the back of his head and he was falling asleep. My husband is a retard, and said, "Oh, he's just sleepy." No no no, this is not normal.

I loaded him up, and when we got to the doctors office, Jonah pulse ox was 93. So I'm sure that it was worse before we got there, you know, when his eyes were rolling in the back of his head and all.

One lung x-ray later, an inhaler, an oral steroid, and a cough medicine with a steroid in it too, we were sent home.

I took him back Friday. Monday and Tuesday, we saw the nurse practitioner. Friday, we see the doctor, he's just a family doctor, this is not a pediatrician's office. He decided that Jonah doesn't have asthma. Wait. What? What do you mean he doesn't have asthma? I'm confused. For the past three years, I've been told he has asthma, have been treating him for asthma, ripped all of the carpet out of my house, because he has asthma, bought air purifiers, because he has asthma, I buy the $15 air filters for the central unit, because they're supposed to be better for people with asthma, I only clean the house while Jonah is gone, because he has asthma, I bought the allergen mattress covers and pillow covers, because he has asthma, and now you see him for three minutes and say it's not asthma? Well, what ARE these attacks of him not being able to breath, eyes rolling in the back of his head, a pulse ox of 93 after one of said attacks, what is it then? He doesn't know.

He has referred Jonah to a lung doctor, which I think in a great idea either way. Tomorrow, I'm taking Jonah to his pediatrician, and see what he says about all this. Which is what I should have done in the first place.

He seems to be doing a little better, and I sent him to school today. The meds are making him act like a crack head, I feel so sorry for his teacher.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved