Wednesday, January 5, 2011

21 days to getting organized: Day Four

Today's challenge from a bowl of lemons  was to organize the linen closet.

After I picked myself up off the floor laughing, because we don't really have lien closet, I put everyone's sheets in their closets, but we do have a nightmare of a closet in the main bathroom.

(Another room that I hate in our house. There will be lots of little changes coming this year in that bathroom. I'm excited. But I want it all done NOW.)






This is the mess we started with. I hate this closet. It's really narrow, but really deep. I got rid of some of the wash clothes. I'm slowly trying to replace all of our towels with white ones, because I'm in looooove with white towels. I had an empty boxes, 5 wipe boxes, 2 toilet bowl brushes... it was crazy in there.





The mess then all over the counter. Some baby blankets, towels that I ended up refolding a different way so they fit into the narrow cabinet better, and other crap.





The boys' hooded "How to Train Your Dragon" towels drive. me. crazy. But, I finally figured out out to fold them, so all is well in the world.




Some how, we ended up with this. Not the best in the world, but an improvement. Now if I could only find the energy to clean Blythe's closet...

(Oh, the no door knob thing... I took it off to paint the door, and haven't gotten the new one for this door yet.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job. Love the shabby chic shower curtain! :) Toni

Amber Hope said...

Looks great! I love all white towels too...but it is such a pain trying to keep them stain free with three kids, lol!

Jenna said...

Toni - Thank you! I love the shabby chic stuff at Target, I want the bedding so bad!

Amber - I didn't have too much of a problem keeping them clean from the kids, it was when my husband's STUPID dog got beat up, came running in the house right after everyone had took a bath, so there was five white towels on the floor waiting to go in the washer, and he laid out across them, all muddy and bloody. Ugh. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Great job with your closet!

I love white towels too. Right now the only white ones I have are for guests (and so far, my guests hate them!) I love them 'cause you can bleach the heck out of them. LOL

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Terri-Lynn said...

Jenna great job! I love the description of yourself on your sidebar. It is so nice to meet you!

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved