Sunday, January 23, 2011

I just may survive the flu of 2011 after all

The flu hit us hard, and I just now think we're all going to survive it, but you never know, it could come back.

I'm praying it's over, because my poor house... it's been neglected. I have so many projects around the house that are only half finished (and there are clean clothes piled every where. At least they're clean, right?!). I still haven't finished all the derned doors and replacing of the door knobs. I pray that the hardware store will have the rest when I go back to get them, because if not, I will be taking these off and returning them. I don't know why I do business with this small local hardware store, they always let me down.

My bedroom is still slowly coming together. I bought some lovely shabby chic curtains, but I discovered they're not quite right. They're pretty much sheer, which is beautiful and goes great with the style I'm going for, but when you're sick and want to stay in the bed in a dark room all day, they don't work so well. I have two options: 1.) Keep these, because I really do love them, and go buy white black-out curtains (that's like an oxymoron isn't it? white black-out?) I'm just not sure how that's going to look. or 2.) Take the current ones back, and get something heavier. I kept the packages these came in, because I wasn't sure if I could live with them. Yes, I want the house to be pretty, but at the same time, it has to be livable

I moved some of the existing furniture in the bedroom around today, even though it will not be with us much longer (I hope.) I moved it because I had a great idea (ok, honestly, the idea came to me while reading over at Nesting Place), our bedroom needs some type of seating! I mean, duh?! Why hadn't I thought of this sooner? And I know exactly what needs to go in there. (This is where I would normally share a picture, BUT, the camera is still MIA.) I have a wonderful wing back chair in my living room. No one ever sits in it because of where it's at, which is the only place it will fit in my crazy little living room, and it would actually get used if I move it to my bedroom. Have you ever tried to take boots off standing up? Hope you have good balance, I don't, I must sit down. Plus it will be a great little reading area. The only problem is that I don't like the fabric. At all. I was planning on have the chair reupholstered, even if I left it in the living room. Then I got to thinking to myself, "Self, you know how to sew, you're fairly decent at it, why don't you just make a slipcover for it?" Low and behold, while looking around at Nesting Place, I found the link to Pink and Polka Dot. It's like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing. I can do this! 

I'm going to have to make a trip to find fabric soon. I need to find whatever I plan to make the slip cover with, and I found three throw pillows in the closet today that I need to make some cute shabby chic covers for. They went with an old bedding set and do not go with what I'm going for. I also need some type of ruffle stuff to add onto the plain white bed skirt. The shabby chic bed skirt was about $60 for a king size. I just couldn't spend that. So I bought a plain white one with the plans of fixin' it up. Now I have to go repossess my sewing machine from my mom, I've got big plans for it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved