Monday, January 10, 2011

Home Goals 2011

TDC asked what everyone's projects plans are for 2011.

WOW! Where do I even start? Our house is in need of some serious lovin' this year. We need *BIGGER*  *CHUNKIER* moulding and base boards. New paint on the walls, because I've made a few bad, very bad, choices last year.
I'll start with some of the smaller things.

LIVING ROOM




Oh my. I... you see... what had happened was...

OK, first, those curtains have to come down. Not the curtains themselves, but how high up they are. I'm not happy with that. No, no, I take that back, what has to happen first... THE BIG CHRISTMAS TREE HAS TO COME DOWN. Then the curtains need to be lowered. Next week, there will be a new flat screen TV, and a huge splurg at Paul Micheal's for the table thingy that's going under the new TV. This one is one it's last leg. This entertainment center has to go. I have no clue where I'm going to put all my books... there is a matching book case to the table-under-the-tv-thing though... This will be a major improvement, I think. I'm still loving the color on the walls, so I believe they will be staying. Unless I get the table thingy in here and don't like the way it looks... we'll just have to wait and see.




I want to have this chair redone. I don't like the fabric, but I love the chair. Why? Mainly because it's the only piece of furniture in my house that doesn't smell funny. The kids and husband never sit in this one ;)



(Ignore whatever that is under the couch. I don't know.)

Dang. I didn't even mean to do that. You can't even see the problem in this picture. The pillows are falling apart. I spend all day stuffing the stuffing back in them. I've tried to sew them back, and I know how to sew, there's just no hope. I also tried stitch witchery, also no luck. So, I need to get new pillows. These pillows are the back cushions to the couch, they're not optional. Also need a much bigger picture over the couch, I'm not too sure what I was thinking when i got that... OH YEH! It was on SALE!!

The way the color of the wall is showing up in these pictures aren't how they really look. It's more of a green... blue.. gray... ok, it all depends on what time of day it is and where you're standing as to how it looks. It's Better Homes and Gardens' "Willowy White" and I looooove it.

HALL





I'm totally embarrassed by this picture. I wanted blue, the kids weren't home, I ran out and bought paint to do the project real quick... and ended up with this mess. Sadly, this is usually the first think I see every morning when I open my eyes. So my first thought every morning is "I'm such an idiot." I.D.I.O.T. Must do something with the area.

BATHROOM

This, this right here? This is The Big Project of the year.





It has to be done because the bathtub has cracked. We have fixed it for the moment, but it's just going to crack again. Pretty much everything is coming out. Ugly lights, ugly mirror, ugly cabinet.. all of it. And starting fresh :) 

I also have a few small projects for the kitchen too. And the bedroom. 2011 is gonna be a good year for my home. I hope. Maybe I won't mess up anything too bad..

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three kids:
Blythe Anne, 8
Jonah, 7
Peyton, 4

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, and I spend my days being a stay at home mom while he's a driller on a land rig. So for six months of the year (he works a week on, a week off), I'm raising these kids by myself. I would write more, but I hear children screaming :)

Following Along

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Pageviews past week

TDC Before and After
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved